It was Ford’s turn for bad earnings and guiding lower to start the week off on a market sell off and even though everyone knew a 75bps rate hike was coming markets still tanked Wednesday afternoon and it got uglier from there for the week. If share prices stay like this I might hit my end of year dividend income target with ease. Here are my trades for the week:
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) – increased position – They raised the divvy 9.68%. Grabbed 1 share @ $241.26 and a 1.13% yield.
- United Parcel Service (UPS) – increased position – The FedEx effect really brought this down. Grabbed 2 shares @ $164.21 and a 3.7% yield
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW) – increased position – Share price is trading in the same range as it was in 2014 and is currently below book value per share of 14.80. Grabbed 14 shares @ $12.65 and a 9.17% yield.
- Hasbro Inc. (HAS) – increased position – Possible sale of their eOne business makes this interesting. Grabbed 1 share @ $75.23 and a 3.72% yield.
- Packaging Corp. of America (PKG) – increased position – Oversupply worries led to a downgrade for entire sector, short term pain for long term gain. Grabbed 1 share @ $117.90 and a 4.24% yield.
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – increased position – New 52 week low motivated me for another buy. Grabbed 57 shares @ $67.55 and a 3.68% yield
- Organon & Company (OGN) – increased position – This Merck spin-off became cheap enough I could not ignore. Grabbed 2 shares @ $26.05 and a 4.3% yield.
- Independent Bank Corp (IBCP) – increased position – Scrapped together the last of my cash position for one last small buy. Grabbed 1 share @ $19.67 and a 4.47% yield