Hopefully everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving Holiday. Thought I wasn’t going to buy anything this week but did a little black Friday shopping with the market drop. Here are my trades for the week :
- Snap-On Inc. (SNA) – Increased position – Still pleasantly surprised I can get additional shares at these prices for this strong dividend growth stock. Grabbed 2 shares @ $210.98 and a 2.69% yield/
Week started off rough when Compass Minerals (CMP) cut their dividend by 80%. CMP only makes up 1% of my portfolio so the damage is limited but it is not all bad news. The dividend is not being cut for lack of cash flow but to allow the company to invest that cash back into the company to accelerate lithium extraction for their recent discovery changing this investment from income to growth. Here are my trades for the week :
- Snap-On Inc. (SNA) – new position – 17.5% off its 52 week high, dividend yield .5% above its 5 year average, 39% payout ratio, P/E less than 15, a 10 year dividend CAGR of 14.24%, and a 13 year dividend growth streak, what is not to like? Grabbed 7 shares @214.59 and a 2.65% yield.
- Leggett and Platt (LEG) – increased position – Slowly building this position out with small buys. Grabbed 4 shares @ $42.24 and a 3.99% yield.
Getting my house ready for winter and raking leaves distracted me from the markets so not at lot of activity on the investment front. Here are my trades for the week :
- Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) – increased position – Been awhile since I added to this position. Grabbed 21 shares @ $14.17 and a 4.8% yield.
- Unilever PLC (UL) – increased position – As long as this is below $53/share I’ll keep adding to my position. Grabbed 9 shares @ $52.44 and a 3.81% yield
Markets keep pushing higher making my portfolio hit all time highs. Received a 3.5% raise from Telus (TU) and 2.4% raise from Pinnacle (PNW) this week. Also noticed Snap-on (SNA) raised their dividend 15% which is a small position buried in my M1 portfolio. Valuations are getting pretty high so choice of buys are getting really small. Here are my trades for the week:
- Unilever PLC (UL) – increased position – Did not think this would be back in the $52/share range. Grabbed 18 shares @ $52.71 and a 3.79% yield.